Electronic Prescription Service
Roundstone Surgery is one of the first practices in the area to introduce an Electronic Prescription Service. This service will mean that your GP will be able to send your prescription electronically to the Pharmacy you choose to get your medication from – without the need for paper in most cases. The Electronic Prescription Service is reliable, secure and confidential.
If you would like to use the Electronic Prescription Service
- You will need to ‘nominate’ a pharmacy to receive your prescriptions electronically. You can ask a member of staff in the pharmacy to arrange this, or a member of staff in the surgery
- You can then continue to order your prescriptions in the usual way, but instead of a paper prescription being collected by you or your pharmacy, the prescription will be sent to them electronically.
- Electronic repeat dispensing will not usually be set up straight away. If appropriate, your GP will set this up when your medicines are next reviewed e.g. after your annual review.
- You should try to ensure that on most occasions you collect your prescriptions from your nominated Pharmacy. However, if you don’t wish to use your nominated Pharmacy for a particular prescription just make sure you let the surgery know when you request the prescription. For example if you wish to collect a prescription from the surgery reception, or a different pharmacy.
- Nomination is very flexible and can be cancelled at any time by asking a member of staff at the pharmacy or the surgery
If you would like further information about the service, please ask at reception.